Do you need an affordable bike that’s perfect for long-distance riding? The Vilano Forza 4.0 can offer you those benefits, as well as many others…
When it comes to searching around for budget road bikes, it can be tough focusing in on the ones that you like the best. There are so many different types available, which each all have their great benefits, as well as their not so great ones.
We understand that it can be a confusing place. That’s why we deployed our research into the Forza 4.0 road bike by Vilano. Since you’re here, it means you’re already interested in it.
So, let’s dig deep and see what features this bike has on offer.
Overview of Vilano Forza 4.0 Aluminum Integrated Shifters Road Bike
|Frame Size||49 cm / 53 cm / 57 cm / 61 cm|
|Frame Material||6061 aluminum frame|
|Bike Type||Road Bike|
|Brakes||Promax Alloy Black|
|Wheelset||700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined Sides Black Anodized|
|Pros||Lightweight, Affordable price, STI shifters, 23c Racing tires|
|Cons||Cheap pedal, Uncomfortable saddle|
|Summary||Perfect for any weather condition & terrain. Great choice for the beginner getting started with triathlons|
|Where to Buy||Check On Amazon|
Who Is the Bike Designed for?
- The Forza 4.0 is a fantastic entry level racing road bike that still provides fantastic performance.
- With a lighter aluminum frame, you can be sure to ride easily without having difficulty in moving the bike.
- There is a wide variety of gears available, which makes it perfect for riding on inclines and flat surfaces.
- The comfort aspect of this bike is impressive, meaning that you can use it for longer rides.
- Affordable price makes the Forza bike an incredibly appealing option for beginners and people on a tighter budget.
- Anyone after a modern and stylish bike will appreciate how Vilano have designed this one.
Feature Details of Vilano FORZA Road BIke
You can use a total of 24 speeds while riding this bike. Therefore, you have complete control over your speed, regardless of the terrain that you’re riding on.
There are Shimano STI shifters implemented into this bike too. As a result, you can smoothly and easily shift through the most suitable gears depending on the situation. We found these shifters to be fantastic for both on and off-road riding.
The bike comes equipped with wheels that are 700c. In addition to this, the rims are made with a double-wall design which also features sides that have been CNC machined.
Customers love how the size and strength of these wheels enhance their riding experience.
We also liked how the tires are both durable and soft enough to make traveling at high speeds fun and smooth. A lot of this is largely due to the stiffness of the Kenda tire sidewalls. They provide you with the firmness you need to make leaning in and out of corners easier.
This Vilano bike incorporates an aluminum 6061 alloy frame. The result of these material means that you get to ride a bike that has a lightweight and robust frame.
Who does this benefit the most?
Having a lightweight and strong frame makes this an excellent frame for people cycling over long distances. This is because the strength of the frame increases its chances of remaining durable. This frame can remain so lightweight due to how they have tapered the tube located at the top.
It provides the frame with a highly aerodynamic design to help you reach higher speeds.
The brakes that are equipped to this Vilano bike operate with a caliper mechanism. When you squeeze the brakes, the brake pads work effectively to tighten the rims to the wheel, which brings you to a stop.
We did find that the caliper breaks can become worn down over time. However, as long as you make sure to keep an eye on them and replace them when needed, the brakes will always help you stop in all conditions.
Such a lightweight and a durable bike would usually be priced at a much higher cost. You can purchase this bike within a very affordable price range.
We also liked how many of the parts used with this bike are Shimano. This is because they are commonly available and not very expensive. Therefore, if you do need to replace something, such as the brakes, you won’t have a hard time trying to source the parts.
The frame is designed in such a way that it makes riding this bike incredibly comfortable.
We found that the reason for the increased comfort is because the frame keeps your body in more of an upright position. In addition to this, there is a dual suspension mechanism that works to absorb a lot of the shock from riding on rougher surfaces.
One of the main positive points that customers have had to say about this bike is how great it looks. Usually, you wouldn’t expect to find a bike made with such a fantastic design within this lower price range.
Pros & Cons of Forza Road Bike
- The Shimano gears and shifter make it easy to switch
- Very affordable price for all the features it has to offer
- You can stop quickly and safely with the caliper brakes
- Built with aluminum frame hence durable and lightweight
- There are 24 speeds to give you ultimate control over all surfaces
- You can ride smoothly over most terrain due to how big the tires are
- The pedals will need replacing with higher-quality ones
- Some find the weight of the bike is heavier than they expected
Vilano Forza Features at a Glance
- There are 24 speeds to choose from
- The fork is a 700c threadless steel racing
- A 6061 double butted aluminum construction makes up the frame
- You can shift 24 speeds using the Shimano Claris STI shifters
- Equipped with Shimano Claris group set
- An alloy of 170mm makes the crank set
- The cassette is a Shimano 8 speed 12-25T
- Weinmann 700c double-walled CNC sides are used for the rims
- Both tires are 700c x 23c and are made with Kenda
- You use an alloy caliper system for the brakes
- The seat post and handlebar are made with alloy materials
- Cionlli is used to construct the saddle
- The headset is 1 1/8”
- There is an 8 speed KMC speed system within the chain
If you are a newbie to the brake and shifter mechanism that this bike uses, we recommend taking some time getting used to these functions. Some people have found that they need to have a short trial period where they practice using this bike on shorter journeys.
We advise doing the same until you are completely accustomed to switching the gears and braking safely.
You may also want to consider replacing the pedals that come with this bike. While they come to be attached to this Vilano bike, they are simply meant to be place holders until you can pick up a better pair.
So, if you want to have the bike up and running as soon as possible, be sure to order your preferred pedals ahead of time. The standard pedals that come with the bike leave a lot more to be desired.
In addition to the pedals, the seat may also need to be replaced for some people. This is because it can feel uncomfortable as it is. An alternative option to replacing the seat would be to have a padded layer put over the top of it.
FAQ & Answers
|Question: What are the shifters used with this bike?|
|Answer: This bike lets you use a micro-shift system with STI brake lever|
|Question: How much does this bike weigh?|
|Answer: It weighs 32 lbs|
|Question: What are the valves on the stock wheels?|
|Answer: Presta valves are used on this|
|Question: Should the hubs and chain be lubricated before use?|
|Answer: It’s not something that needs to be done. However, we do recommend doing it anyway to ensure the smoothest ride.|
|Question: Does the bike come already assembled?|
|Answer: This bike is delivered to your door partly assembled. You could either put it together yourself or take it to a bike shop for them to do it for you instead.|
Overall, we found the Vilano Forza to be a fantastic road bike that suits people who are taking part in long-distance rides. Having said that, it can still provide you with the speed you need for racing too.
In addition to its high performance, the modern style that this bike has looks incredible.
All of the beneficial features that this bike has to offer new riders is also available at a surprisingly low price. It’s within the normal price bracket for beginners, yet provides you with some of the features that the more expensive bikes have available.
Hopefully, all of the information that we’ve laid out for you above is useful. Be sure to consider all of the features, pros, and cons of the bike before going ahead and buying it.
Related Bike Review You May Like
Updated: 2nd August, 2019